How 3D is Transforming Online Shopping in the Age of Web 3.0: Stand out with 3D
This post is the second in a three-part series
The path to creating value for retailers in the age of AR/VR/MR is experimentation with 3D solutions – right from photo-realistic image renderings, 3D animation to interactive 3D experiences. The next-level engagements driven by 3D could be a game-changer as businesses across industry sectors pivot from product-centricity to customer-centricity. In this new customer-obsessed marketplace, 3D solutions that present “connected” user experiences as well as accelerate go-to-market times will be powerful competitive differentiators.
Against the backdrop of the 5G rollout, the new Web 3.0 standard and Internet of Experiences (IoE) are powering today’s technology for tomorrow’s experiences. 5G networks can theoretically be 20x faster than 4G LTE, which means brands can design hyper-real experiences without worrying about technical challenges related to graphical rendering. The low latency, high reliability, and large bandwidth offered by 5G, when combined with the connected data enabled by Web 3.0, will give retailers all the information they need to create hyper-relevant and highly visual customer experiences.
The building blocks for offering the ‘CX of the Future’ is already here. Even as we speak, we are witnessing the obsolescence of product photography as photo-realistic product rendering using 3D software takes hold. Businesses are also speeding up their go-to-market strategy by adopting soft prototyping techniques using 3D software.
Also read: How 3D is Transforming Online Shopping in the Age of Web 3.0: An Introduction
Do it Better with 3D. And a Partner.
For industries that want to accelerate design, prototype, reduce costs, time to market, and optimize the supply chain, the best move forward is partnering with a creative services expert. Service providers with end-to-end interactive digital offerings and the ability to create engaging customer experiences can present brands with an unbeatable advantage.
3D technology is currently redefining advertising, marketing, sales, and publishing by enabling high levels of:
- Photo-Realism: Photo-realistic product renderings are replacing traditional photography. They are cheaper, quicker to turn around, are consistent in reproduction while making update to packaging designs and accelerate go-to-market strategies and campaigns.
- Customization: Product configurators on e-commerce or product websites built using 3D, help customers interact with various elements in the products and customize them. A customer can get deeper insights into the functionalities of the product, improving buying decisions and conversion rates.
- Value, Product, and Convenience: A well-executed 3D model brings an idea, concept, or product to life, making it much easier for customers to visualize how products function and perform.
- 3D Printing: 3D printing is replacing many prototyping and engineering methods in various industries. It has found significant application in the manufacturing of electronics spare parts, engineering goods, prosthetics, and art.
3D is Here to Stay
3D solutions are a multi-dimensional gateway that is much more than just a marketing ploy to reel in digitally hyperactive customers. In addition to spellbinding immersive experiences, it can be used to deliver:
- Higher efficiencies: Due to the demand for quick turnarounds, low costs, and consistency in reproduction across a range of products, all at scale, 3D-related services are helping CPG/product companies across industries by giving them options that are much more creative and versatile.
- Optimized site visits and training: 3D solutions can completely eliminate the need for travel and logistics by simulating tours of facilities or locations. Training people online on product usage and machinery operation has been found to be more effective because of the feedback and insights derived from data.
- Deeper product experiences: Exploded product views allow viewers to see what products look like on the inside and gives them an understanding of their inner working. Connected packaging experiences deliver 3D content to the customer, thus creating engaging product experiences.
- Custom configurations: Empowering consumers to configure a product with different parts, materials, and colors by offering them a real-time view of the product, in the convenience of their homes.
An experienced design and technology partner can deliver the best 3D solution for the business as well as help identify at which stage of the Customer Journey a customer will find an augmented shopping experience the most relevant and valuable. RRD not only has the experience but is also a one-stop-shop for high-quality, precision-based, 3D solutions that deliver a competitive creative advantage to business leaders.
For more information on 3D services, visit RRD GO Creative.