REMEDIATING LARGE VOLUMES OF NON-ACCESSIBLE PDFS FOR ADA COMPLIANCE
A large global investment bank and financial services company was facing a logjam of 10,000 non-compliant PDFs on its website, placing it at risk of a lawsuit for ADA violation. The key challenge was eliminating the logjam by checking the documents on 25 compliance parameters, categorizing the pages based on complexity, and remediating to WCAG 2.1 AA standards within a short turnaround time of 6 months.
The client experienced other difficulties, including:
- Calling out numerous acronyms and abbreviations separately
- Adding another layer of complexity with a special standard for screen reader testing
- Ensuring page compatibility with JAWS and NVDA
The GO Creative™ Solution
The RRD GO Creative™ team leveraged its proprietary AI/ML-based remediation platform, analyzed files, and identified the ones needing remediation. It utilized the unique Human Expert-in-the-Loop feature to perform quality checks and validate exceptions while meeting the highest compliance standards. It also ensured that the remediation platform constantly evolved to enrich machine learning and reduce manual interventions.
RRD GO Creative™’s services helped the client accomplish:
- An AI + Human Expert-in-the-loop remediation solution
- ADA compliance for 55,000 pages
- Early project completion within 5 months
- Validation of remediation through 3rd party tools
- Automated process ensuring scalable output
- Greater inclusion
- An expanded customer pool